Regional historical museum Sliven
The Regional historical museum in Sliven is one of the oldest institutions in the city. Founded in 1913 as a community center community center Zora museum, and in 1951 was nationalized. Today the museum is housed in a beautiful building on the main street of the town of Sliven, which with its red color could hardly be passed. The renowned exposure Museum Treasures – Museum – memory was inaugurated on May 12, 2008 to mark 130 years since the beginning of the museum and 95 years since the founding of the museum in Sliven. The exhibition includes original monuments fund the museum, some of which are global, and lifestyle of the population of Sliven region from Neolithic times until today. The exhibits are arranged to collector basis. In the halls on the first floor are marble and bronze sculpture from Roman times, objects and ornaments of bone from antiquity to the Middle Ages. One of the most important archaeological monuments is the inscription on the pedestal of the statuette group and in honor of Zeus. Interest are petty and bronze sculpture – applications, statuettes, medical instruments and more.
The collection tools are shown tradesmen’s tools, agricultural implements used in ancient and medieval times. In this part of the exhibition are exposed bronze vessels, ceramics, weapons from the Bronze Age, Antiquity and Middle Ages, found in the region of Sliven.
On the second floor is exposed to a collection of ornaments and utensils made of wrought copper. Is a unique collection of Renaissance weapons – sword Khitov, yataghans, flint mechanism Boyle rifle, shotgun-shishane, etc. pistol primer.
On the top floor are shown by the so-called findings. “Valley of the Kings” opened in the summer of 2007 by the TEMP expedition led by Dr. Georgi Kitov.
Exposed are luxurious curly red pottery, burial gifts, horse ornaments for ammunition, amphorae, etc.. With the highest artistic value are the two silver rhytons. Here is exposed and the second found in Thrace gold mask, two gold phiales drinking wine and gold-ring seal. Interest are unknown to Thrace rhyton with a horse head and body of a cock and a silver helmet, which is the only country of this metal.
At the end of XVIII century in Sliven district Klutsohor “the house is kind of Assenov where on 10 May 1840 largest rebel is born – the legendary leader Hadji Dimitar. Here in 1935 opened the first museum exhibition that in 1955 grows in exposure. His home is small, equidae, asymmetric house with wooden porch, with the characteristic architectural design features of early Renaissance.
Fully restored traditional decor in the room where he was born Hadji Dimitar, living room, and the typical mutvakat Sliven winery.
In the museum complex is on the x and inn. Nicolas Assenov with adjacent farm buildings where the atmosphere is recreated, typical ly for that period.
On the second floor is given extensive exposure voivodes Hadji Dimitar and Stefan Karadja-displays interesting exhibits of firearms and cold weapons, photographs and documents relating to the demarche of the heroic band of 1868.
In the first quarter of the nineteenth century, unknown Tryavna masters built in one of the oldest neighborhoods of Sliven – Kaftandzhiyskata open symmetric chardakliena house. It is a model of residential architecture from the Renaissance years. Its owner, a trader, and abby homespun Boyu grandfather, in fact, built two houses, glued to one another. Most, which was built first, known as house Patkoolu a smaller and later as Arnautkinata. Tight architectural and spatial composition chardaklienite Kyoshkove dsarvorezbeni and ceilings, wide eaves with curved rocker on both ends, octagonal columns and exquisite wooden balustrade, haet wide, wooden staircase arm and deep cellars are large signs outside of architectural merit, practicality and representativeness. Interior features and architectural elements are also highlighted komshulutsite, mensofite, yuklyutsi practical, open-work feridki and skirt with ornate iconostasis home with picturesque niches
In 1963. Patkovata house was turned into a museum that is open interior exposure reproducing stereo, comfort and harmony of Sliven crafts home of the nineteenth century. Featured are hundreds of unique items showing the development of carpet, kebedzhiystvoto, copper, pottery, carpentry, saddlery, etc.. As well as basic household requirements and traditional practices of the time.
House-Museum of Sliven bit from the early twentieth century, or Arnautkinata house was opened in 1969. and shows a bit of Sliven city family in the first decades of the twentieth century. Exposed are imported and Bulgarian furniture – bed, bedside tables, sofas, armchairs, buffet. Although the house is a child of an older time, it successfully coexist innovation in public life with mensofata in the bedroom, kitchen and fireplace in large wooden cabinets in all rooms.
In October 2009. house-museum Sliven life of the nineteenth century “opened a new exhibition:” Traditional culture of Sliven. It is consistent with the needs of today and shows mnogobrazie The preserved and regional specificity of traditional culture. Main cores there are calendar rites, rituals accompanying labor-occupational activities and family rituals with an emphasis on traditional wedding. Due to the small space are selected main calendar rites peculiar to the region, as is given to the ritual meal, ritual and verbal magic props. Along with this is put emphasis on ritual and festive costumes of the region. All elements of the costumes are authentic and unique – the result of inherited and creatively upgraded century-old traditions of manual domestic production.
Further illustration of these traditions are set used wool, cotton and poultry kozinyavi rugs, instantly accessible on the podium, Kenar ritual towels, cloth bundles and woven by a variety of materials and techniques. Exhibition is not arranged in cabinets and under glass, which contributes to the creation of a better communication with those security models of cultural heritage.
With its photo-documentary, with original belongings of the poet and to recreate a typical weather situation reveals significant stages of life, social and creative activity Dobri Chintulov.The displayed exhibits, books from his personal library, textbooks and materials carry information about the educational and community centers work in Sliven revival. In the exhibition hall is carried out each year a solemn ritual for entering the name of the grand prize winner for literature and art “Chintulov Good” on the special panel. The award is given to outstanding artists during the festivities dedicated to the day of Sliven – October 26 – also the day of St. Dimitar.
Early factory textile production in the Bulgarian lands was placed in the town of Sliven Good Zhelyazkov. Under his leadership in 1843 to build the State cloth factory – the first industrial enterprise in the Ottoman Empire. After the liberation the country attaches factory bike.
In 1883 it opened the first training course for textile professionals. From 1904 to 1960 is used for building a prison. In 1906, adjacent to the new factory being built textile school D. Zhelyazkov. Since 1984 it is located in the Museum exhibition of the textile industry – an affiliate of the National Polytechnic Museum. Textile factory buildings and schools have been declared cultural monuments.
The idea of establishing a museum in one of the largest textile centers in Bulgaria dating from 1934, on the occasion of celebrating the 100th anniversary of Bulgaria’s industrial development. Fifty years later, when preparing the celebration of the 150th anniversary is adopted, the Decision № 758/16.08.1983, which creates a museum of the textile industry, officially opened for visits on 08/09/1986
Today the museum has a permanent exhibition located on an area of 550 m2. In chronological order it shows the manual pre-and textile machinery industries. At the museum will learn about the oldest tools used to produce textile products – vertical loom / x VII. BC. / comb looms and bark. Valuable exhibits are: camp with “flying shuttle” – the last technical leap in the period of transition from manual to machine textile production, mechanical loom Maria Luisa “, jacquard loom, presukalnata hollow spindle machine for production of compound fancy yarn method “Prenomit – Bulgarian invention, developed in IOT Veda team headed by Prof. Mitov.
Place in the museum are found and the technical facilities of a modern machine production. All exhibits are active.
Museum of the textile industry has over 3,000 exhibits, specialized library of approximately 2,000 volumes. He is a member of the European textile network.